Chaos with Marketing Products
We live in product hyper-production world. Just name the industry and there are thousands of products. Products are any kind of tangible and intangible asset and it is paradise for marketing experts. They produce like never before, but this post is not to question value of hyper-production it is to question
marketers creativity vs. programmers creation.
Marketing creativity endangers IT creation = Information Systems. Hyper-production and new types of marketing products make disaster in company Information Systems.
Here are some examples of creative products:
- time roll over of discounts per bill – what is not spent in current month can be spent in future months;
- discounts per products or per invoice amount or per quantity – normally those are different types of discounts that are not implemented in billing system;
- bundled products (any combination of service + product + subscription (fee) + quantity)
- promotional products
- bonuses, collecting points
- parallel marketing campaigns of same technical product but in different marketing campaigns and marketing products
If marketing products are not predicted in complex Information Systems environment then it is painful and long-term action to implement them. Company Information Systems are usually several years behind marketing ideas.
Worst marketing products are those that are not possible to implement in current solutions without capital investment.