What is Complex Reporting?
I’ll try to describe what is complex reporting system through bullets, complex reporting is:
- consisting of more production systems, source data are for reports are taken from several different sources;
- when aggregated figures fit but on the level of details differences exist and are not easily explainable (without deep and painful analysis);
- when new and unstructured products are released without proper information stabilization in Information Systems;
- when number of unstructured data and information for decision support is much bigger then of those from from company Business Intelligence systems;
- when number of paralel reporting cubes (OLAP, universes and etc.) are becoming rules not exceptions;
- when company Information System does not have any more testing resources (hardware, software and experts) and needs to make modifications on production;
- when there is no possibility to compare data and reports, dependancy on single point of truth;
- when there is a lack of business analytics and demands for ad hoc reports continue to generate…
I’m mentioning this to describe future problems that will happen everywhere. Generation of new beneficial data can not be stopped. Question is, how to survive in messy reporting environment. Worsening, day by day.